December 2, 2019 - Construction Update
The project has achieved significant progress and is nearing completion. Construction and commissioning will continue into early 2020. Check out the Notice to Residents for a project update. Expectations for the coming months include:
- Noise - will remain similar as it has been through the fall. Intermittent noise will be generated to test new equipment, crush the last of the native rock, prepare the internal road, and backfill the secondary plant area.
- Truck traffic - will remain similar as it has been through the fall.
- Parking - construction crews will continue to park along McGuffie Road and Hammond Bay Road for the duration of the project.
- Odours - commissioning new systems may result in temporary strong odours.
- Late night or early morning work - the contractor will obtain City of Nanaimo Noise Bylaw Exemption Permits for any work required outside of noise bylaw hours.
Thank you for your continued patience as we complete this project. After the secondary treatment processes are successfully commissioned, GNPCC will produce substantially higher quality effluent and will reduce our impact on the environment.