January 2020 Transit Expansion
RDN Transit will be expanding it's service in January 2020 by 5,900 hours!
The hours will address several transit priorities, some from the South Nanaimo Local Area Transit Plan and others from the main Transit Priority List. The following improvements will be implemented:
- Provide Sunday/holiday level service on Good Friday, Christmas Day and New Years Day;
- Restructure Route 7 to travel between Downtown and Cinnabar with no routing to Cedar;
- Creation of Route 8 between Cedar and VIU;
- Creation of Route 78 between Downtown and Cassidy/Nanaimo Airport;
- Restructure of Route 30 to reflect usage patterns;
- Additional hours to Route 40.
This expansion will come into effect on January 5, 2020.